Sunday 29 August 2021

Emotional Intelligence




A car ahead was moving like a turtle and not giving me way inspite of my continuous honking!   I was on brink of losing my cool when I noticed the small sticker on the car’s rear!


“Physically challenged; Please be patient.”


And that changed everything!! 


I immediately went calm & slowed down!! 


In fact, I got a little protective of the car & the driver!!! 


I reached home a few minutes late, but it was ok!


And then it struck me.  


Would I have been patient if there was no sticker?


Why do we need stickers to be patient with people!?


Will we be more patient & kind with others if people had labels pasted on their foreheads?


Labels like —


“ Lost my job” , 

“Fighting cancer”, 

“Going through a bad divorce”,

“Suffering Emotional abuse",

"Lost a loved one”,

“Feeling worthless”,

“Financially broken”,


....and more like these!!


Everyone is fighting a battle we know nothing about. 


The least we can do is to be patient, kind & compassionate.


*Let us respect the Invisible Labels !!*

Knowing each is carrying multiple ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

loe this

Unknown said...

had a strokeslowly re covering.

πŸ§”Father's handprints πŸ‘

~Father's handprints ~  ✋🏽 πŸ–πŸ½ 🀚🏽  Father had grown old and would take support of the wall while walking. As a result the walls had ...